Announcement - View
|original||11502||02/06/2012 00:00 AM|
|Title||Vendor days to determine industry interest in modifying three test cells from single engine operation to mulit-engine simultaneous operation|
|Announcement Type||Public Announcement - Pre-SIR|
|Date / Time Closed||02/16/2012 / 12:00 AM (local)|
|Solicitation / Contract #||11502|
|Name / Organization||Lori McLaughlin / AJA-4A|
|Region Issuing Office||CT - William J. Hughes Technical Center (Atlantic City, NJ)|
|Phone / Email||609-485-5174 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Procurement Method||Complex Noncommercial|
|Region(s) of Performance||n/a|
|Abstract||Title: Vendor days to determine industry interest in modifying three test cells from single engine operation to mulit-engine simultaneous operation:
February 13 -16, 2012 9 am to 11 am and 2 pm to 4 pm
Brief synopsis of potential requirement: Modify existing three test cells from single engine operation to multi-engine simultaneous operation
A) sketches of existing equipment to be provided
B) sketches of new equipment to be provided
C) Here is an initial rough guess of what we anticipate needs to be done (note that cooling air and induction air units are separate units):
1) replace existing cooling tower for cold weather operations and isolate for TC 4 operations
2) new cooling tower(s) for TC2 and TC3
3) add hot and cold water tanks or pits and pumps for item 2) above
4) existing engine air induction conditioning unit for TC3 and 4 to be isolated solely for TC4
5) purchase new engine induction air conditioning unit to be used for TC3
6) remove existing induction air unit AHU1 and consider using existing ductwork for item 5) above
7) new engine cooling air unit for TC3 and associated ductwork
8) concrete pads/footings, electrical, plumbing for all above
The purpose of this announcement is to invite industry/contractor participation in discussions regarding a potential upcoming requirement for the FAA Technical Center. This is not an invitation to submit proposals nor is it a guarantee that a request for proposals will result from this announcement.
Contractors are encouraged to attend the vendor days to gain an understanding of the FAA's potential requirements and are encouraged to keep any proprietary information private during vendor day discussions. An FAA technical point of contact will be provided during the vendor days for contractor's use for submitting questions.
For purposes of advance notice to security, please send an email of your intention to attend a vendor day (or days) to Lori.McLaughlin@faa.gov by COB Friday February 10, 2012. Please include the date and time you would like to attend, as well as the names of attendees.
If you are viewing this announcement on a site other than the FAA's contracting opportunities site, please go to https://faaco.faa.gov/ for all information related to this announcement.
No phone calls, please.